Geothermal Heating and Air Conditioning Services for Shelby, NC & Surrounding Areas
Are you ready to tap into the Earth’s geothermal energy? It’s clean and completely renewable. Best of all, this resource is free. Geothermal heat pumps use the soil’s near-constant temperature to efficiently heat your home in the winter and chill it in the summer.
Benefits of Geothermal Heat Pumps
- A geothermal HVAC system can lower your heating costs by 30 to 70 percent and slash your cooling costs by 20 to 50 percent.
- Although installation costs are higher due to the amount of work that a geothermal contractor must perform, the cost will be recouped in savings after five to 10 years.
- Geothermal equipment has an exceptional lifespan. Underground pipes can easily last for more than 50 years with very little maintenance.
- The aboveground equipment can perform well for 25 to 30 years, so you’ll save money on replacement costs.
- Compared to conventional air-source heat pumps, geothermal HVAC systems provide four to five times more heat per dollar spent on energy.
- Because the setup has many passive components, the efficiency is approximately 400 percent in relation to the amount of power used.
Geothermal Services and Installation Options
Numerous configurations are available for the underground portion of the system. We can recommend the best method based on your property’s characteristics, including space, soil quality and installation cost. Here are the most common installation options for residential and commercial jobs:
- Horizontal loops require more land, but they are easier and less expensive to install.
- Vertical closed-loop systems require less square footage because the pipes travel straight down. They are practical for larger buildings.
- A pond- or lake-based design is a cost-effective solution if you live near a body of water that meets certain requirements.
- Open-loop configurations take advantage of well water or groundwater so that additional fluids aren’t required.
- Hybrid equipment incorporates multiple concepts to maximize geothermal energy. These systems have advantages in climates where cooling is used more than heating.
Geothermal Heat Pumps
Today, geothermal heat pumps incorporate energy-saving features that further improve their efficiency. These upgrades include multi-stage compressors and variable-speed air handlers that automatically adjust to real-time heating and cooling requirements. Top-of-the-line geothermal heat pumps that are equipped with these features are up to 30 percent more efficient compared to single-stage geothermal models.
Home and business owners in Shelby, Patterson Springs, Light Oak, Cherryville, Fallston, Forest City, Gastonia, King’s Mountain, Lawndale, Lincolnton, Polkville, Spindale, NC and the surrounding area can choose from packaged units and space-saving split systems that work in conjunction with radiant heating coils and conventional air handlers. As a Trane Comfort Specialist, we are qualified to install residential and commercial systems within the brand’s extensive product range. We also offer geothermal services to keep your system running smoothly. Water-to-water and water-to-air units are offered in varied capacities up to 25 tons for use in virtually all applications.
Our installations, repair, and maintenance services are provided with fair and competitive pricing and no hidden or surprise costs. It is our company philosophy to provide respectful, dependable, honest and reliable service for all jobs.
If you’re interested in saving money, reducing your carbon footprint or going green, a geothermal HVAC unit is a great choice. We offer a variety of related services, including installation, repairs, and maintenance in Shelby and surrounding communities. To learn more, call CSI Mechanical today.